Jun 22, 2012

Wolf Portrait Mini Painting

I'm working on a new mini painting of a wolf portrait. I just finished up the first layer of fur today and thought you might like to see how it's progressing so you can see how I paint fur. I generally start with the darker under coat layers and work up to the lighter tips.


Wolf fur is one of the more fun animal furs to paint because of the way it clumps sand separates. Clumpy fur is more fun to paint than fur that is short and even because it has more visual interest.

Now that the first layer is done I'll have to wait a day or two for it to dry before I can apply the lighter upper layer so the layers don't just blend together in a mush.

Check back soon to see the finished painting.

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...