Jun 18, 2012

Interesting Animal Facts - American Robin

Since we moved to a more rural setting last fall I hear a lot more bird sounds. I'll admit I don't know my bird calls very well. So when I started hearing a particular song just before dawn each day I was curious to know which bird was performing this (very early!) morning serenade.

It was, of course, the "early bird" American Robin.


I started listening to the audio clips on the Cornell Lab of Ornithology website and reading the song description. I found it interesting that the Robin sings a different, faster song at dawn than at other times of day. I couldn't really find any information as to why this is. Perhaps they have more energy first thing in the morning and later their songs just naturally slow down as their energy levels drop? Do you know?

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...