May 29, 2013

Wild Friesian Horse Mane

If you've been following my FaceBook page you know I've had a thing for images of long, wild, and crazy horse manes lately. So I got the urge to paint a crazy Friesian horse mane! 

I still have a little more work to do on the mane along the bottom and on the right but this is basically all it is, a simple painting all about the mane! Not so much about the horse. 


This is also a much looser style (for its size) than I usually do. I just wanted to have some fun and do crazy big brush strokes in the hair and not get caught up in detail.


This is not a great photo, sorry. There's a bit of glare. I'll get a more "professional" looking photo when I'm done. In the mean time, tell me what you think of this looser, more simplistic style of painting. Do you like it? Or should I get back to the detailed stuff?


20"x24"
oil on canvas

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...