May 27, 2013

Miniature Paintings - No 36 - Palomino Horse Head

Continuing my miniature painting project I have a beautiful palomino horse to share. This was painted from a photo I took at an event at the Hollywood Hill Saddle Club arena last year. I love to do the action shots, even if it's just the head, so you get the look of excitement, the flowing mane, etc.

 6"x6" oil on Gessobord
Original: SOLD

I went to HHSC events for the first time this season last weekend. I took more pictures of just faces this time. I really like to focus in on the face, the expression. Here are a couple of photos of pretty faces I took this past weekend that might end up as paintings.These two aren't action shots. But I like their perked up expressions. I also like the way the sun was just starting to break through the clouds so they had a bit of a soft glow around them.





I also finally got my Horse Portrait Commission Pricing page up. So if you, or anyone you know, wants a horse painting done you now have the information you need.


No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...