May 14, 2013

The House I Grew Up In

Google Street View is an amazing thing. I don't know why but I suddenly got the urge to look around the neighborhood where I grew up from birth to about 10 years old. Here it is! This is the actual house from Google Street View today:



Not a lot has changed about the house other than the colors. Good to see it's still standing and someone has taken good care of it.

Wow, what memories it brings back. It's only a about a 1700 square foot house on a 6000 square foot lot but I remember, as a child, thinking the house and the back yard were huge! I had a play house, a duck pond, and a rocker horse not unlike this one:



No, that's not me! But I think I was that cute once upon a time. Haha!
Oh my, what age does to you!

We also had 13 cats and 5 dogs at one time, running around that yard (hopefully not chasing the ducks).
Duck ponds, playhouses, toy horses, dogs, cats ... it seemed like a vast playground at the time. But, really, 6000 sq ft is a tiny lot. Amazing how much bigger everything seems when you're a little kid!

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...