Jul 16, 2012

Eagle Painting Background Revision Progress

I got a bit more done on the background revision of my "too-brown" eagle painting. I darkened the sky a bit from my previous revision. It just seemed more dramatic with a darker, almost stormy, sky contrasting against the eagle's highlights. The golden color of the eagle's neck feathers contrast nicely with the blue sky.


Yes, I really did redo the whole sky from the previous revision, painting around all the feathers yet again! Maybe I'm crazy, but the first sky revision just wasn't exciting enough. I wanted more contrast.

Here's the last revision for comparison.


And here's the original version again.


Tomorrow, more work on the mountains and trees below. It won't be long now, I hope!

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...