Sep 12, 2012

New Gallery Representation

I'm happy to announce I'll soon be working with a new gallery, Decoys and Wildlife Gallery in Frenchtown, NJ. In fact, three of my paintings are in transit there as I write this. I've spoken with several wildlife artists who are represented by this gallery and they have had nothing but good things to say about it.

The three paintings that will be there first (and available for purchase) are:


Love's Golden Touch
12"x12"x1.5" oil on wrap-around canvas


Learning
11"x14" oil on multimedia board

And, my personal favorite of the three:


It's a Big World Out There
12"x16" oil on canvas

This last painting was particularly hard to pack up and send off knowing I may never see it again. Paintings that are "milestones" for me are sometimes hard to part with. This painting was one of those milestones because it was the first painting I ever did with only the 3 primary colors of red, yellow, and blue. All the greens, grays, browns, and other colors were all mixed. The subtle variations in the mixings made the normally dull grays and browns quite beautiful. You can see a little bit of it in the wood here in this detail. As you can see, brown wood isn't just brown. There are lovely shades of violet, blue, green, and orange in there as well.


Of course, seeing a digital image online is nothing like seeing the real thing. If you live in the New York/New Jersey area you now have the opportunity to go see it in person! It's due to arrive at the gallery next week. Call Decoys and Wildlife Gallery for more information.

Of course, if you're ever in the Seattle area, feel free to come by and see my other available paintings ... and me ... here! You can find my contact information on my website.

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...