May 19, 2007

I Need Art

I have no art on my walls in my home. Isn't that odd for an artist to have no art? I really need to buy some. I've looked a few times but I never buy any. The problem is there is so much beautiful art out there I can never decide which to get. If I buy this picture will I regret not buying that other one?

Actually, I did manage to buy one print very recently, a picture of a family of lions by Dino Paravano. I've sort of been into monochromatic color schemes lately and I've always liked backlighting so this one caught my attention: Pride's Proud Family

Still, that's only one picture. I have many more walls to fill. Friends have told me to hang my own artwork on my walls. But I can't bring myself to do that. It seems too vain, conceited, egotistical, or something like that. What do you think?

1 comment:

Victoria Champion said...

I hang my own art on my walls. It improves my self-esteem. My husband likes to see them too. I also hang prints of artists I admire, as these inspire me. Got some concert posters up too. :) Try hanging your own art, and if you don't like the way it makes you feel, just take it down. No harm done.

Hello from WetCanvas btw! Your art is just awesome. :)

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...