Feb 14, 2015

Digital Bird Painting - WIP2

Here's my second work in progress (WIP2) post on the digital bird painting. I completely redid the birdhouse after all that. I decided it looked too digital, too realistic. Probably ingrained from all those years working as a video game artist, trying to make things look as photo-realistic as possible. But I don't want that for my digital wildlife art. I want them to look a little more like real paintings. So I redid the birdhouse with less fine detail and larger brush strokes, so you can actually see some of those strokes to give it a more painterly look.


I also started adding some background, the impression of blooming bushes and a field of wildflowers. Another update soon...

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...