Jan 24, 2015

Miniature Painting - No 62 - Chestnut Horse

I haven't been doing a lot of small paintings lately because I had been trying to keep up with supplying the gallery, the local public arts program and shows, and the licensing agency with paintings, and they require larger works that are much more time-consuming. Between all that, and maintaining my website, blog, and  online POD (Print On Demand) venues, I decided I was spreading myself too thin, and I missed doing the smaller paintings. Hard as it was, I decided to leave the gallery, quit the shows, and cut back on the public arts displays. Instead, this year I plan to focus on my online stuff, licensing, and getting back to my small paintings. It's easy to get caught up in trying to do it all. But there just aren't enough hours in the day. I found I was spending more time running around delivering paintings to galleries, exhibits, and working my online venues than I was actually painting. It does me no good to have all these potential places to sell paintings if I don't have time to actually create any paintings. I needed to simplify my life.

So, the point of all that rambling is I hope to be doing more small paintings now. And here is my first small painting of 2015, a chestnut Morgan horse basking in the afternoon sun!


"Roasting Chestnut"
Chestnut Morgan Horse
5"x7" oil on Multimedia Artboard

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...