Aug 4, 2014

Wolf Valley Painting - WIP1

I actually started this wolf painting a long time ago. But it got put on the back burner while I worked on my songbird series. I will definitely be doing more birds in the not-too-distant future but for now I'm taking a break from birds to work on a large wolf painting. This one, being bigger than my usual paintings, and having lots of detail in the background, is taking a long time. So it will probably be another week before it's done. But, in the meantime, I thought you might like to see how it's been progressing. Here are a few snap shots at various stages.


Work on the sky and distant mountains starts first.



Starting on the valley. Grass, trees, and a suggestion of fields of spring flowers.




More valley work. Trees closer in. And a river below.



Work begins on the ledge the wolves are standing on. Starting to block in the wolves too. River almost finished.



All of the background is done now, as well as most of the foreground ledge, covered in grass and flowers.


Next comes finishing up the wolves themselves. This painting should be done next week. So check back then to see the finished product!

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...