Nov 11, 2012

Miniature Painting - Painting No 6 - Crow

Here's miniature painting Number 6, a crow cawing.


5"x7" oil on Gessobord

I took this photo at the Woodland Park zoo in Seattle. He wasn't a zoo animal, but had flown down to see what was going on, probably looking for snacks from visitors.

It's been a while since I took the picture so I don't recall what the lighting was like that day but the crow seemed to have an interesting sort of mauve color reflecting off his feathers. I thought it looked lovely against the black so I decided to go with that in the background to tie it all together.

(SOLD. Sorry, but this painting sold within a couple hours of offering it for sale, so it was no longer available by the time I wrote this post. Keep checking back for the next one, or take a look at other paintings that are still available!)

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...