Apr 14, 2013

Baby Raccoon Miniature Painting

Here's a new miniature painting of a baby raccoon I just finished today.

This is a true miniature at 4"x6". Apparently the mini paintings I have been doing that are 5"x7" or 6"x6" are not true miniature paintings. The AMA ...no, not the American Medical Association ... but rather the Association of Miniature Artists has defined true miniature paintings as 25 square inches or less. My 5"x7" paintings are 35 square inches, and my 6"x6" are 36 square inches, so neither qualifies. The 4"x6" is 24 square inches so it qualifies.

Sheesh, these people are picky! I personally consider anything less than 8"x10" to be pretty darn small. But, I'm not the miniature expert so what do I know? ;)

Anyway, here's the latest "true" miniature artwork of a baby raccoon. I painted this from a photo I took at the Triple D Game Farm in Kalispell, Montana a few years ago.


No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...