Mar 11, 2014

Miniature Painting - No 46 - Buckskin Mustang Stallion

Oh my! I can't believe it's been 2 months since I completed a miniature painting! Well, time to get back to it.

I like to keep these minis coming for a couple of reasons. One, painting larger works can be very time-consuming. Some of my larger paintings can take 3-6 weeks to complete. Working on one painting for weeks at a time can be difficult because, when I don't complete a painting for weeks, I start to feel like I'm not getting anything done. That can be frustrating. With mini paintings I can get one done in a day or less. So it's fun to throw one in once in a while to feel that sense of accomplishment of getting a painting done in less than a day.

The other reason I like doing minis now and then is because, since I can get them done in a day, I can sell them for a lot less than my larger works. That means more art available for you to enjoy at an affordable price. Win-win! :)

So here's my latest miniature painting.



Buckskin mustang
5"x7" oil on Gessobord

Original: SOLD

No comments:

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...