Sep 22, 2013

Being Painterly

Here is a new horse painting I just finished today. This painting was different for me because I was determined to avoid getting anal about detail on this one. I forced myself to use brushes that are uncomfortably large for me so I was unable to focus too much on fine detail. This enabled me to focus more on brush strokes, color, and lighting. It was a bit of an experiment.


Here is a close up of the shoulder area so you can see the brush strokes better.


What do you think of the results of my experiment?

1 comment:

Canidae Art said...

I like the natural brush stroke look, I think I prefer it than fighting for perfection in detail. The beautiful amber back lighting really sets the tone for this piece too.

Chloe

Shop Art Supplies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...